Sarah Palin as choice for VP a `mistake`: Cheney
Washington: Former US vice president Dick Cheney has said Sarah Palin wasn`t presidential material, and called her nomination "a mistake" in an interview, adding that John McCain and his handlers should have known better.
"I like Governor Palin. I`ve met her. I know her ... attractive candidate. But based on her background, she`d only been governor for, what, two years. I don`t think she passed that test ... of being ready to take over. And, I think, that was a mistake," the New York Daily News quoted Cheney, as saying.
Palin, the former governor of Alaska, has become a darling of the Republican right since her out-of-nowhere nomination, but Cheney believes she was damaging to the 2008 GOP ticket because she was unqualified to step into the Oval Office should something have happened to McCain.
Previously, in Cheney`s first public appearance since his heart transplant surgery, the recuperating Republican certainly wasn`t toned down in his assessment of Obama`s presidency, as he called the commander-in-chief "an unmitigated disaster".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7.2 magnitude quake hits South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands
- 10 killed Bangladesh local govt body polls violence
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality
- 'Ek Nai Subah': NDA govt celebrates 2 years in office; PM Narendra Modi vows to root out corruption
- Men angrier on Facebook than women: Study