Sarah Palin can beat Obama: McCain
Washington: Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has the potential to beat Barack Obama in 2012 presidential elections, top Republican leader Senator John Mccain has said.
"Of course, she can. She can. Now, whether she will or not, whether she`ll even run or not, I don`t know," McCain told the Fox news in an interview.
Palin was McCain`s running mate in the 2008 presidential elections. McCain lost to Obama.
While she has not made any formal announcement yet, Palin is widely expected to seek Republican candidacy to fight against Obama in the 2012 elections.
"A lot of things happen in campaigns. You remember, I was written off a couple of times and were able to come back. So, there`s going to be a roller coaster ride for all of them before we finally arrive at our nominee," he noted.
"But she certainly is a major factor. And I believe that she can be very competitive," McCain said.
"That`s what campaigns are all about. I`ve never seen anyone as mercilessly and relentlessly attacked as I have seen Sarah Palin in the last couple of years. But she also inspires great passion, particularly among Republican faithful," said McCain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video