Sarah Palin considering Senate run in 2014
Washington: Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has said she is contemplating a bid for U.S. Senate against Democrat Mark Begich in 2014.
Palin, who was also 2008`s GOP vice presidential nominee, said she has been considering it as people wanted her to consider it.
She told conservative radio host Sean Hannity on his show that she is still waiting to see what the lineup will be. And hoping there will be some new blood, new energy.
Begich, a former mayor of Anchorage, was elected in 2008. He defeated longtime GOP Senator Ted Stevens, who died in 2010 in a plane crash.
Alaska Lt. Gov. Mead Treadwell and Joe Miller, a Republican who lost a U.S. Senate bid in Alaska in 2010, have both said they will run against Begich next year.
Palin told Hannity that Senator Mark Begich has got to be replaced, as he has not done what he had promised to do for the people of Alaska.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand