Sarah Palin pokes fun at Obama about `eating dog `
Washington: Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin mocked US President Barack Obama for his “cocaine snorting” and eating dog as a child at a conservative bloggers conference on Friday.
Obama had admitted both to cocaine use and being served dog by his stepfather in Indonesia in his memoir, Dreams From My Father.
“That cocaine snorting, and what he ate — Fido? Rufus?,” the Politico quoted Palin as saying.
“I think it’s funny that the cocktail circuit gives me a hard time for eating elk and moose. Anybody here have a pet moose? There’s a difference,” she stated.
It was part of a 30-minute speech at the RightOnline conference, in which she criticised the “permanent political class” and the “lamestream media” while applauding conservative bloggers for doing “what too many people in the old media won’t do, can’t do, and that’s tell the truth”.
“The role of new media is more fundamental than just a force for organising,” Palin told hundreds of bloggers in a conference room at conservative donor Sheldon Adelson’s Venetian hotel.
“New media has become a force for activism and information. You do what too many people in the old media won’t do, can’t do, and that’s tell the truth,” she continued.
Palin also got a little cheeky, making a pun about polls and poles in Vegas.
“Here we are in Vegas — in Washington, too — they talk a lot about polls. There are a lot of poles in Vegas,” said Palin, referring to strip club poles before addressing the president’s poll numbers.
“There is a reason that the figures in those polls are augmented too,” she added inspiring cheers and laughter from the crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood