Sarah Palin takes Fox News commentator job
Anchorage: Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, will return to her broadcast roots and take her conservative message to Fox News as a regular commentator, the cable channel has announced.
"I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News," Palin said in a statement posted yesterday on the network`s Web site. "It`s wonderful to be
part of a place that so values fair and balanced news."
Fox said that according to the multi-year deal, Palin will offer political commentary and analysis on the cable channel, as well as Fox`s Web site, radio network and business
She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News` "Real American Stories," a series debuting this year that the network said will feature true inspirational stories about
Americans who have overcome adversity.
"Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the FOX News lineup," Bill Shine, executive vice
president of programming, said in a statement.
Palin, 45, stepped down as Alaska governor in July, 17 months before the end of her first term in office and less than a year after she vaulted to overnight fame as John
McCain`s running mate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees