Sarah Palin to create `Freedom party` if Republican neglect conservatives
Washington: Former governor of Alaska Sarah Palin has reportedly expressed her keenness to bolt from the Republican Party and create a new ` Freedom Party` if the Grand Old Party continues to ignore the conservatives.
According to the New York Daily News, Palin said that if the GOP continues to back away from the planks in their platform, from the principles that built their party of Lincoln and Reagan, then there is a possibility of forming a new party.
Palin said that many conservatives with that `libertarian streak` feel ignored by the GOP and if it continues then forming an independent party would not be a bad idea.
The report added Palin saying that if GOP abandons them then they have nowhere else to go except to become more independent and not enlisted in a one or the other private majority parties that rule in the nation, either a Democrat or a Republican.
He further said that these organizations are private and `no one forces them to be enlisted in either party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!