Sarah Palin to create `Freedom party` if Republican neglect conservatives
Washington: Former governor of Alaska Sarah Palin has reportedly expressed her keenness to bolt from the Republican Party and create a new ` Freedom Party` if the Grand Old Party continues to ignore the conservatives.
According to the New York Daily News, Palin said that if the GOP continues to back away from the planks in their platform, from the principles that built their party of Lincoln and Reagan, then there is a possibility of forming a new party.
Palin said that many conservatives with that `libertarian streak` feel ignored by the GOP and if it continues then forming an independent party would not be a bad idea.
The report added Palin saying that if GOP abandons them then they have nowhere else to go except to become more independent and not enlisted in a one or the other private majority parties that rule in the nation, either a Democrat or a Republican.
He further said that these organizations are private and `no one forces them to be enlisted in either party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best