Sarkozy, Saudi king press need for Mideast peace talks
Doha: France`s President Nicolas Sarkozy
wrapped up on Wednesday a Gulf visit during which he agreed with
Saudi King Abdullah on the need to restart Middle East peace
talks and took a firm stance on Iran.
In three hours of "deep" talks at Abdullah`s Janadiriyah
desert farm, north of Riyadh, late today, the leaders "were
agreed on the need for rapid steps to relaunch the peace
process," an official of the French presidency said.
King Abdullah is "on the same wavelength" as France on
the need to relaunch the peace process, the official said.
On today, Sarkozy made a brief stopover in Doha where his
wife Carla Bruni arrived a day earlier to take part in a
conference on education, following an invitation by the emir`s
wife, Sheikha Moza al-Misnid.
Sarkozy held talks with Qatar`s Emir Sheikh Hamad bin
Khalifa al-Thani, before the presidential couple headed back
The president arrived in the Saudi capital yesterday for
an overnight stay to discuss mainly regional political issues
and build a closer working relationship.
The two leaders discussed the stalled Israeli-Palestinian
peace process, Iran`s nuclear ambitions, Lebanese politics and
other key issues over a three-hour meeting.
The presidency official would not comment on reports that
France is offering to host a new Middle East peace conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India