Sarkozy the lawyer to return to old law firm
London: Former French president Nicolas Sarkozy will be quitting politics to return to his old job as a lawyer at a legal firm in Paris, a media report said Wednesday.
The 57-year-old Sarkozy reportedly does not even want to wait till the official transition of power next week to move out of the presidential Elysee Palace.
"If I could, I`d be gone tomorrow," he was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
Sarkozy will first take a holiday at wife Carla Bruni`s villa in the south of France after handing over powere to socialist leader Francois Hollande.
He is expected to rejoin in Paris his old firm which specialises in property law.
"He (Sarkozy) is a lawyer and he will return to his legal firm," Franck Louvrier, a close friend and political adviser, told the Le Parisien newspaper.
Another friend said: "He is very keen to rediscover his freedom and his private life and to stop been attacked by the press. One of his main gripes was never even being able to take his children to a restaurant."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH