Sarkozy’s aide who `shared mistress with Hollande` to sue for libel
London: A former French minister has pledged to sue the authors who revealed that he shared a mistress with Francois Hollande.
Patrick Devedjian was outraged to see himself placed in a love triangle with Francois Hollande and his live-in-lover Valerie Trierweiler.
According to authors Christophe Jakubyszyn and Alix Bouilhaget, Trierweiler, a Paris Match journalist, was herself married when she used to meet the pair for regular sex sessions behind their own partners’ backs.
Devedjian, a former conservative economic recovery minister who has been married to the same army general’s daughter for 33 years, said he ‘condemned the authors’ claims’ that he had an ‘intimate relationship lasting several years’ with s Trierweiler.
Their book, ‘La Frondeuse’ (The Rebellious One), has sent shockwaves throughout the Paris political establishment, with Devedjian now saying that he will claim a breach of privacy and defamation.
It follows Trierweiler doing the same thing on the eve of the book’s launch, although neither she nor Devedjian have disputed any specific facts.
They include the claim that Trierweiler was seeing Devedjian at the same time as Hollande , who was at the time living with Segolene Royal, the mother of his four children and a senior Socialist politician in her own right.
Referring to 1962 Francois Truffaut film, the authors of the book claim that the three had a period ‘a bit like Jules and Jim’.
“The nature of the claims in the form of affirmations by the authors alongside unproven, malicious rumours aimed at sullying her and those close to her have led Valirie Trierweiler to take this action,” the Daily Mail quoted Trierweiler’s lawyer Frederique Giffard as saying.
Defending the biography, Bouilhaget insisted that it was an ‘honest investigation’ the role of which was to unravel the ‘ambiguity that exists between politicians and political journalists’.
The authors claim that at one point during the alleged three-way relationship both Hollande and Devedjian were general secretaries of their respective parties.
Trierweiler’s lawyer has claimed that Jakubyszyn, just named political ‘wrongly’ claimed to have held several ‘exclusive interviews’ with her for the book.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you