Sarkozy’s ex-wife ‘secretly’ visits Carla Bruni
London: Nicolas Sarkozy’s ex-wife Cecilia Attias has visited French First Lady Carla Bruni secretly in a bid to end their bitter four-year feud.
According to France’s Voici magazine, Attias, 53, called in at Bruni’s Paris townhouse ‘weighed down’ with gifts for her newborn daughter Guilia, the newspaper reported.
It is thought to be the first time the two women have met alone since Sarkozy fell in love with the former Italian supermodel four years ago.
Attias spent less than six months as First Lady after Sarkozy was elected president in May 2007 before they divorced and she moved to New York with their son Louis, now 14.
She is now married to publicity tycoon Richard Attias.
But Attias is said to have told friends she felt like she had ‘been replaced by a younger model’ when Sarkozy and Bruni married in February 2008.
The magazine, which spotted Cecilia visiting Carla late last week during a Christmas trip back to France said “It now seems they have finally buried the hatchet.”
Cecilia Attias was seen visiting Ms Bruni in Paris, loaded down with presents to congratulate her on the birth of her daughter Julia in October.
“They may have hardly been on the same wavelength since 2007, but things do now seem to be going a lot better between them,” it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India