Sasha Obama tells dad that he ‘didn’t mess up’ at swearing-in ceremony
Washington: President Barack Obama’s 11-year-old daughter Sasha gave a rare glimpse into the 44th US president’s personal life, after watching her father take the oath of office to begin his second term.
As her father gave her a hug after the swearing-in ceremony in the Blue Room of the White House, Sasha said ‘good job dad’.
According to People Magazine, the inauguration festivities on Monday are expected to draw in about 800,000 people, as the country’s top officials are publicly sworn into office.
Obama was joined by his family in the private White House Blue Room ceremony, as he placed his hand on his wife’s family Bible and officially began his second term as President of the United States.
When Sasha said the words the Commander-in-Chief, who was sworn in shortly before noon by Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, replied ‘I did it’.
To that Sasha responded ‘You didn``t mess up’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion