Sasha Obama tells dad that he ‘didn’t mess up’ at swearing-in ceremony
Washington: President Barack Obama’s 11-year-old daughter Sasha gave a rare glimpse into the 44th US president’s personal life, after watching her father take the oath of office to begin his second term.
As her father gave her a hug after the swearing-in ceremony in the Blue Room of the White House, Sasha said ‘good job dad’.
According to People Magazine, the inauguration festivities on Monday are expected to draw in about 800,000 people, as the country’s top officials are publicly sworn into office.
Obama was joined by his family in the private White House Blue Room ceremony, as he placed his hand on his wife’s family Bible and officially began his second term as President of the United States.
When Sasha said the words the Commander-in-Chief, who was sworn in shortly before noon by Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, replied ‘I did it’.
To that Sasha responded ‘You didn``t mess up’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him