Saudi Arabia beheads, crucifies Yemeni for murdering Pakistani
Sydney: Saudi Arabia has beheaded a Yemeni man and then crucified his body after he was convicted of murdering a Pakistani national.
The kingdom`s Interior Ministry said that Yemeni citizen Mohammed Rashad Khairi Hussein killed a Pakistani, Pashteh Sayed Khan, after he committed sodomy with him.
A statement carried by state news agency SPA said on Wednesday that the Yemeni was also convicted of carrying out a series of attacks and robberies.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the execution in the southern city of Jizan was followed by crucifixion, implemented by the ultra-conservative country for serious crimes.
The beheading brings the number of people put to death to 28 in Saudi Arabia so far this year.
In 2012, the kingdom executed 76 people, according to a tally by an international news agency based on official figures. The US-based Human Rights Watch put the number at 69.
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia`s strict version of sharia, or Islamic law, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list