Saudi Arabia beheads, crucifies Yemeni for murdering Pakistani
Sydney: Saudi Arabia has beheaded a Yemeni man and then crucified his body after he was convicted of murdering a Pakistani national.
The kingdom`s Interior Ministry said that Yemeni citizen Mohammed Rashad Khairi Hussein killed a Pakistani, Pashteh Sayed Khan, after he committed sodomy with him.
A statement carried by state news agency SPA said on Wednesday that the Yemeni was also convicted of carrying out a series of attacks and robberies.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the execution in the southern city of Jizan was followed by crucifixion, implemented by the ultra-conservative country for serious crimes.
The beheading brings the number of people put to death to 28 in Saudi Arabia so far this year.
In 2012, the kingdom executed 76 people, according to a tally by an international news agency based on official figures. The US-based Human Rights Watch put the number at 69.
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia`s strict version of sharia, or Islamic law, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?