Saudi Arabia to issue exit, re-entry visas online
Dubai: Saudi Arabia`s passport department has launched a new online service to enable exit and re-entry visas to facilitate its own citizens and expatriates, a news report has revealed.
Although the department`s website (www.gdp.gov.sa) is in Arabic, there is an option to display forms and instructions on how to complete them in English, the Arab News report said.
Exit, re-entry visas are issued to Saudi Arabian citizens who wish to leave and then return to the country, Director-General of the department Major General Salim Al-Belaihed said yesterday.
"Those who wish to benefit from these services can simply fill in forms through registering on the website," Al-Belaihed said, adding forms could be completed without needing to visit the centres.
An initial one-off registration, however, needs to be completed and delivered to a local passport office. There is also an eGate section that offers an electronic card for easy entrance and exit at Saudi airports.
The website also provides short code numbers for local mobile operators. There is also a code for visa cancellation.
After all the conditions are met, an SMS message would be sent to the applicant for verification. Once that is confirmed the visa would be issued can be then printed from the website (sms.evisa.com.sa) by entering the visa number and confirmation number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened