Saudi Arabia warns against Iran`s nuclear programme
Jeddah: Saudi Arabia on Saturday warned of the lurking danger of the Iranian nuclear programme to the region`s security, saying that Tehran should not threaten its neighbours, who harbour no ill-intentions for it.
"We stress the danger of the Iranian nuclear programme to the security of the whole region," Saudi Arabia`s Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal said at a joint news conference with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
To a question on Iran`s alleged threat to Bahrain, the Saudi Minister said,"It is very unfortunate for Iran to use" such a language.
"Commonsense says in times of trouble, humans should be a little more smarter and not put fuel on fire," Faisal said.
"We hope Iran will go along....," he added. Iran says it is enriching uranium only for peaceful uses. But the US and its allies fear Tehran may enrich to levels used for nuclear bombs.
The two leaders also discussed the situation in Syria, with Faisal saying,"We reviewed the Syrian crisis in light of latest and international developments as well as the call which was launched for holding an international meeting to discuss full application of the Geneva statement as a part of the international community`s efforts of the political solution for the crisis."
"We hope that the conference is to apply an immediate ceasefire and to respond to the aspirations and hopes of the Syrian people through a safe transfer of power," the Saudi Foreign Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars