Saudi Arabia warns of action against illegal immigrants
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia said Saturday that there would be no leniency toward organisations that hire illegal immigrants, Xinhua reported quoting Saudi Press Agency as saying.
Saudi Arabia launched a nation-wide inspection this month following a six-month amnesty for illegal foreign workers.
The labour ministry said in a statement that there will be no special treatment during the inspection, and that temporarily closing shops or companies won`t help dodge punishment as there will be repeated examinations to cover all registered organisations.
Although the amnesty is over, the ministry noted that illegal immigrants could still correct their situation after paying fines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried