Saudi-based group of Muslim states changes name
Riyadh: The Organisation of the Islamic
Conference, an umbrella organisation representing 57 Muslim
nations, says it has changed its name to better reflect the
group`s international role.
A statement from the Saudi-based group says it will
henceforth be known as the Organization of the Islamic
Cooperation. It will retain the same acronym OIC.
OIC says the members` foreign ministers endorsed the
change of the name during a meeting in Kazakhstan`s capital,
OIC was established in Morocco in 1969 at an Islamic
summit of 25 Muslim countries "to safeguard and protect the
interests of the Muslim world in the spirit of promoting
international peace and harmony among various people of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!