Saudi beats wife, ordered to read Quran
Riyadh: A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses. He will later sit for a test on what he learned from the books.
The man was told to memorise five of the 30 parts of the Quran, as well as 100 sayings by Prophet Mohammad, the Gulf News reported citing Saudi daily Al Madinah.
He was also ordered by a court in the Red Sea resort of Jeddah to give his wife 7,000 riyals (around USD 1,900) and to make sure to preserve women`s rights.
The wife had complained to the authorities after her husband hit her during an argument when she told him that he should go to hospital to visit his cousin while she sees her family.
The husband became angry over her wish to go out. He hit her and caused her bruises.
A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows
- FM Jaitley hits back at Rahul Gandhi, says price rise was at its peak during UPA regime
- Gradual decline in enthusiasm for Facebook, Twitter: Study
- Heath Ledger responsible for his own death: Father
- Federal Alliance hints at joining new govt in Nepal