Saudi beats wife, ordered to read Quran
Riyadh: A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses. He will later sit for a test on what he learned from the books.
The man was told to memorise five of the 30 parts of the Quran, as well as 100 sayings by Prophet Mohammad, the Gulf News reported citing Saudi daily Al Madinah.
He was also ordered by a court in the Red Sea resort of Jeddah to give his wife 7,000 riyals (around USD 1,900) and to make sure to preserve women`s rights.
The wife had complained to the authorities after her husband hit her during an argument when she told him that he should go to hospital to visit his cousin while she sees her family.
The husband became angry over her wish to go out. He hit her and caused her bruises.
A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?