Saudi beats wife, ordered to read Quran
Riyadh: A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses. He will later sit for a test on what he learned from the books.
The man was told to memorise five of the 30 parts of the Quran, as well as 100 sayings by Prophet Mohammad, the Gulf News reported citing Saudi daily Al Madinah.
He was also ordered by a court in the Red Sea resort of Jeddah to give his wife 7,000 riyals (around USD 1,900) and to make sure to preserve women`s rights.
The wife had complained to the authorities after her husband hit her during an argument when she told him that he should go to hospital to visit his cousin while she sees her family.
The husband became angry over her wish to go out. He hit her and caused her bruises.
A Saudi man found guilty of hitting his wife has been sentenced by a court to read the Quran and two Islamic books on relations between spouses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?