Saudi beheads man convicted of murder
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia on Thursday beheaded a man
convicted of murder in the kingdom`s southwest, the interior
Abulrahman al-Qarni shot dead fellow Saudi Mushabab
al-Khathami during a dispute, said the ministry statement
carried by state news agency SPA.
The man was beheaded in the town of Al-Baha in
southwestern Saudi Arabia, SPA reported.
The beheading brings to six the number of executions
carried out in Saudi Arabia so far in 2012, according to an agecy’s tally based on official reports.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
voiced alarm last month at the almost threefold increase in
executions in Saudi Arabia last year.
Amnesty International said the kingdom executed 79 people
Saudi Arabia applies the death penalty for a wide range
of offences, including rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery
and drug trafficking.
In 2010, 27 people were executed, according to the UN,
citing a report by Human Rights Watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state