Saudi cleric gets 8 years prison for killing child
Riyadh(Saudi Arabia): An official Saudi news website says a prominent Muslim preacher has been sentenced to eight years in prison and 800 lashes for raping and beating his 5-year-old daughter to death.
Fayhan al-Ghamdi, who often preached on television, was convicted of beating his daughter Lama with canes and electrical cables, crushing her skull.
She was also raped repeatedly and died in a Saudi hospital in November 2012.
The news website Sabq reported the sentencing yesterday, saying al-Ghamdi was not given a harsher sentence because Lama`s mother accepted 1 million riyals, roughly USD 267,000, from her ex-husband during litigation in the case, as "blood money" allowed under Saudi law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’