Saudi denies Israel airspace deal against Iran
Dubai: Saudi Arabia has said it will never allow its territory to be used for aggression against another nation, denying reports that it had given permission to Israel to overfly its airspace to attack Iran.
"Saudi Arabia has repeatedly reiterated its clear stance that it will never allow anyone to use its territories or airspace for aggression against another nation," a statement said.
Reacting to a report in a British newspaper, the country said it would be illogical to give such a permission to Israel, with which Saudi Arabia has no relations.
Earlier, Saudi and US defence officials were quoted in a report as saying that Riyadh will allow Israeli jets to use its airspace if Tel Aviv decides to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
In London, Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to UK Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf issued a categorical denial of the report.
In a press statement, he said this would be against the policy adopted and followed by the Kingdom. He reiterated the Kingdom`s stand in rejecting any violation of its territories or airspace.
He said it would be illogical to allow the Israeli occupying force, with whom Saudi Arabia has no relations whatsoever, to use its land and airspace.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India