Saudi denies Israel airspace deal against Iran
Dubai: Saudi Arabia has said it will never allow its territory to be used for aggression against another nation, denying reports that it had given permission to Israel to overfly its airspace to attack Iran.
"Saudi Arabia has repeatedly reiterated its clear stance that it will never allow anyone to use its territories or airspace for aggression against another nation," a statement said.
Reacting to a report in a British newspaper, the country said it would be illogical to give such a permission to Israel, with which Saudi Arabia has no relations.
Earlier, Saudi and US defence officials were quoted in a report as saying that Riyadh will allow Israeli jets to use its airspace if Tel Aviv decides to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
In London, Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to UK Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf issued a categorical denial of the report.
In a press statement, he said this would be against the policy adopted and followed by the Kingdom. He reiterated the Kingdom`s stand in rejecting any violation of its territories or airspace.
He said it would be illogical to allow the Israeli occupying force, with whom Saudi Arabia has no relations whatsoever, to use its land and airspace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy