Saudi denies Israel airspace deal against Iran
Dubai: Saudi Arabia has said it will never allow its territory to be used for aggression against another nation, denying reports that it had given permission to Israel to overfly its airspace to attack Iran.
"Saudi Arabia has repeatedly reiterated its clear stance that it will never allow anyone to use its territories or airspace for aggression against another nation," a statement said.
Reacting to a report in a British newspaper, the country said it would be illogical to give such a permission to Israel, with which Saudi Arabia has no relations.
Earlier, Saudi and US defence officials were quoted in a report as saying that Riyadh will allow Israeli jets to use its airspace if Tel Aviv decides to attack Iranian nuclear facilities.
In London, Ambassador of Saudi Arabia to UK Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf issued a categorical denial of the report.
In a press statement, he said this would be against the policy adopted and followed by the Kingdom. He reiterated the Kingdom`s stand in rejecting any violation of its territories or airspace.
He said it would be illogical to allow the Israeli occupying force, with whom Saudi Arabia has no relations whatsoever, to use its land and airspace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America