Saudi diplomat kidnapped in southern Yemen
Sanaa: Yemeni security official says a Saudi diplomat has been kidnapped in the country`s south.
The official says unidentified assailants abducted the diplomat on his way to work on Wednesday in the southern port city of Aden.
The diplomat has been identified as Abdullah al-Khaldi, the deputy consul at the Saudi consulate in Aden.
No more details were immediately available. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media.
This is the first kidnapping of a Saudi diplomat in Yemen, though abductions are frequent in the impoverished country, where armed tribesmen and al Qaeda-linked militants use hostages in an effort to swap them for prisoners or for cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured