Saudi diplomat kidnapped in southern Yemen
Sanaa: Yemeni security official says a Saudi diplomat has been kidnapped in the country`s south.
The official says unidentified assailants abducted the diplomat on his way to work on Wednesday in the southern port city of Aden.
The diplomat has been identified as Abdullah al-Khaldi, the deputy consul at the Saudi consulate in Aden.
No more details were immediately available. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media.
This is the first kidnapping of a Saudi diplomat in Yemen, though abductions are frequent in the impoverished country, where armed tribesmen and al Qaeda-linked militants use hostages in an effort to swap them for prisoners or for cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend