Saudi forces arrest 149 al Qaida suspects
Riyadh: A Saudi official says authorities have arrested nearly 150 al Qaida suspects over the past eight months, foiling planned attacks on Saudi government officials, civilians and media personalities.
Interior Ministry spokesman Mansour al-Turki said Friday the 149 suspects included 25 foreigners. He said forces seized weapons and more than half a million dollars in the raids.
He said the suspects were members of 19 cells with foreign links and that their attack plans were in advanced stages of preparation.
Saudi Arabia has pursued an aggressive anti-terror campaign since militants began a series of attacks inside the kingdom in May 2003.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India