Saudi king names Prince Salman as defence min
Riyadh: King Abdullah on Saturday named his
half-brother Prince Salman, who is governor of Riyadh, as
Saudi Arabia`s defence minister to succeed the late Crown
Prince Sultan, state television Al-Ekhbariya said.
Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz was appointed Riyadh`s
governor in Prince Salman`s place, the report said, citing a
series of royal decrees, under which Prince Khaled bin Sultan,
the late crown prince`s son, was named deputy defence
King Abdullah late last month named Interior Minister
Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz as crown prince succeeding his
brother Sultan, who died in a US hospital on October 22.
Salman, who was born in 1935 and served as Riyadh`s
governor since 1955, and Nayef are full brothers. He was
considered close to Sultan, who he accompanied on his trips
abroad for medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok