Saudi king names Prince Salman as defence min
Riyadh: King Abdullah on Saturday named his
half-brother Prince Salman, who is governor of Riyadh, as
Saudi Arabia`s defence minister to succeed the late Crown
Prince Sultan, state television Al-Ekhbariya said.
Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz was appointed Riyadh`s
governor in Prince Salman`s place, the report said, citing a
series of royal decrees, under which Prince Khaled bin Sultan,
the late crown prince`s son, was named deputy defence
King Abdullah late last month named Interior Minister
Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz as crown prince succeeding his
brother Sultan, who died in a US hospital on October 22.
Salman, who was born in 1935 and served as Riyadh`s
governor since 1955, and Nayef are full brothers. He was
considered close to Sultan, who he accompanied on his trips
abroad for medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried