Saudi king names Prince Salman as defence min
Riyadh: King Abdullah on Saturday named his
half-brother Prince Salman, who is governor of Riyadh, as
Saudi Arabia`s defence minister to succeed the late Crown
Prince Sultan, state television Al-Ekhbariya said.
Prince Sattam bin Abdul Aziz was appointed Riyadh`s
governor in Prince Salman`s place, the report said, citing a
series of royal decrees, under which Prince Khaled bin Sultan,
the late crown prince`s son, was named deputy defence
King Abdullah late last month named Interior Minister
Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz as crown prince succeeding his
brother Sultan, who died in a US hospital on October 22.
Salman, who was born in 1935 and served as Riyadh`s
governor since 1955, and Nayef are full brothers. He was
considered close to Sultan, who he accompanied on his trips
abroad for medical treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray