Saudi man marries 14 times to have a baby
Manama: A Saudi man married 14 times in 37 years in an attempt to have a baby, but his dream has failed to turn into reality.
Mutlaq Sulaiman, 53, got married for the first time when he was 16, but married again after three years under tremendous pressure from his family, who were keen on a baby from the couple.
According to Gulf News, the second marriage launched a string of weddings with women from different age groups and nationalities with the specific aim of having a baby who would carry his name.
Mutlaq, an employee in the general directorate for education in the northern borders area, has reportedly outnumbered his father, who married five times and his brothers, who got married only once.
According to the report, one of his wives was 23 years older than him, while another, a Syrian national, was 36 years younger.
He married his latest wife two years ago, and he refuses to divorce her. He has promised to get the necessary treatment in order to have the baby, the report added.
“I never thought that I would end up marrying 14 times, but I did because I deeply wanted a baby. I was 16 when I married a relative and never thought I would take another wife,” he said, adding: “In fact, my first wife encouraged me to marry again so that I could have a baby.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Govt lists GST Bill for consideration and passage in Rajya Sabha's agenda for next week
- Kasol - Rejuvenate yourself with serenity, peace in the nature's lap
- Gurgaon waterlogging: This is how Twitterati reacted after traffic choked Gurugram