Saudi man plotting to bomb Bush’s home arrested
Washington: A Saudi man has been arrested
for allegedly buying chemicals and equipment to make a bomb
and researching US targets, including the Dallas home of
former president George W. Bush, the Department of Justice
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, a Saudi national and a
legal resident of Texas, was arrested late yesterday and faces
charges of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
According to the FBI, Aldawsari wrote himself an email
entitled "NICE TARGETS," and then listed two types of targets:
hydroelectric dams and nuclear power plants. In another email
titled "Tyrant`s House," he listed the address of Bush`s home.
The authorities` affidavit also alleges that Aldawsari
researched using dolls to hide explosives and concealing them
in a backpack to target a nightclub.
He is expected to make his first court appearance in
Texas on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers