Saudi man plotting to bomb Bush’s home arrested
Washington: A Saudi man has been arrested
for allegedly buying chemicals and equipment to make a bomb
and researching US targets, including the Dallas home of
former president George W. Bush, the Department of Justice
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, a Saudi national and a
legal resident of Texas, was arrested late yesterday and faces
charges of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
According to the FBI, Aldawsari wrote himself an email
entitled "NICE TARGETS," and then listed two types of targets:
hydroelectric dams and nuclear power plants. In another email
titled "Tyrant`s House," he listed the address of Bush`s home.
The authorities` affidavit also alleges that Aldawsari
researched using dolls to hide explosives and concealing them
in a backpack to target a nightclub.
He is expected to make his first court appearance in
Texas on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 6.4 magnitude undersea quake rocks Fiji
- China pushes `patriotic` tours in South China Sea: Report
- `Inexcusable errors` by Australia TV crew in Beirut kidnap
- Drop everything and watch out for John, Varun & Jacqueline starrer 'Dishoom's logo! Pic Inside
- Centre to declassify 25 more files relating to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose today