Saudi man plotting to bomb Bush’s home arrested
Washington: A Saudi man has been arrested
for allegedly buying chemicals and equipment to make a bomb
and researching US targets, including the Dallas home of
former president George W. Bush, the Department of Justice
Khalid Ali-M Aldawsari, 20, a Saudi national and a
legal resident of Texas, was arrested late yesterday and faces
charges of attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.
According to the FBI, Aldawsari wrote himself an email
entitled "NICE TARGETS," and then listed two types of targets:
hydroelectric dams and nuclear power plants. In another email
titled "Tyrant`s House," he listed the address of Bush`s home.
The authorities` affidavit also alleges that Aldawsari
researched using dolls to hide explosives and concealing them
in a backpack to target a nightclub.
He is expected to make his first court appearance in
Texas on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics