Saudi man sentenced to 600 lashes for `sex acts proposal`
Dubai: A man in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to five years in prison and 600 lashes for making an indecent proposal on a social network.
According to a local news site Sabq, the man was arrested after a Saudi national alerted the authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account.
The man, in his early 30s, admitted that had made the sex proposal, the report said.
According to Gulf News, Saudi Arabia bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punish such acts with corporal sentences.
Online comments were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature person in his 30s,” wrote a user of the social networking site.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man in his 30s getting into such acts,” said another user.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day