Saudi man sentenced to 600 lashes for `sex acts proposal`
Dubai: A man in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to five years in prison and 600 lashes for making an indecent proposal on a social network.
According to a local news site Sabq, the man was arrested after a Saudi national alerted the authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account.
The man, in his early 30s, admitted that had made the sex proposal, the report said.
According to Gulf News, Saudi Arabia bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punish such acts with corporal sentences.
Online comments were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature person in his 30s,” wrote a user of the social networking site.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man in his 30s getting into such acts,” said another user.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?