Saudi man sentenced to 600 lashes for `sex acts proposal`
Dubai: A man in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to five years in prison and 600 lashes for making an indecent proposal on a social network.
According to a local news site Sabq, the man was arrested after a Saudi national alerted the authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account.
The man, in his early 30s, admitted that had made the sex proposal, the report said.
According to Gulf News, Saudi Arabia bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punish such acts with corporal sentences.
Online comments were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature person in his 30s,” wrote a user of the social networking site.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man in his 30s getting into such acts,” said another user.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31