Saudi man sentenced to 600 lashes for `sex acts proposal`
Dubai: A man in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to five years in prison and 600 lashes for making an indecent proposal on a social network.
According to a local news site Sabq, the man was arrested after a Saudi national alerted the authorities about the posting of “an indecent proposal to offer himself for sexual acts” on a Facebook account.
The man, in his early 30s, admitted that had made the sex proposal, the report said.
According to Gulf News, Saudi Arabia bans deviant sexual behaviour and its courts punish such acts with corporal sentences.
Online comments were unanimous about the “need to punish the man for going public with his vices.”
“I cannot believe that he has done this and he is supposed to be a mature person in his 30s,” wrote a user of the social networking site.
“I have always had concerns about teenagers, and now I read about a man in his 30s getting into such acts,” said another user.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH