Saudi man weighing 610-kilos forklifted to hospital
Riyadh: A Saudi man weighing 610 kgs was on Monday forklifted to hospital for medical treatment at the expense of the monarch to reduce his weight.
Khaled Mohsin Shairi was flown from his southwestern hometown of Jizan to Riyadh on a specially-equipped plane, SPA state news agency reported.
It posted a picture of overweight Shairi being lifted on a forklift out of the plane on arrival in the capital.
Acting on orders of King Abdullah, the health ministry had to acquire a specially-made bed and a crane to transfer Shairi from his second-floor apartment, SPA said.
The bed was specially made for Shairi in the United States, Sabq news website said.
The ministry did not specify the nature of treatment that the young man will undergo and his age has not been disclosed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok