Saudi man weighing 610-kilos forklifted to hospital
Riyadh: A Saudi man weighing 610 kgs was on Monday forklifted to hospital for medical treatment at the expense of the monarch to reduce his weight.
Khaled Mohsin Shairi was flown from his southwestern hometown of Jizan to Riyadh on a specially-equipped plane, SPA state news agency reported.
It posted a picture of overweight Shairi being lifted on a forklift out of the plane on arrival in the capital.
Acting on orders of King Abdullah, the health ministry had to acquire a specially-made bed and a crane to transfer Shairi from his second-floor apartment, SPA said.
The bed was specially made for Shairi in the United States, Sabq news website said.
The ministry did not specify the nature of treatment that the young man will undergo and his age has not been disclosed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016