Saudi Prince to launch 24-hour Arabic news channel
Dubai: Saudi Arabia`s Prince Alwaleed bin
Talal bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud will be launching a new 24-hour
international Arabic news channel next year.
The channel, to be managed by journalist Jamal Ahmad
Khashoggi, will target Arabic-speaking viewers across the Arab
world and beyond.
The `Alarab` channel will focus editorially on the
important shifts taking place across the Arab world with an
emphasis on freedom of speech and freedom of press, a
statement from his office said.
Furthermore, it will uphold the principle of free transfer
of information as well as, objective, balanced and credible
The news channel will cover the latest developments around
the world and will also highlight political, social and
economic issues in Saudi Arabia and the Arab world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore