Saudi Prince to launch 24-hour Arabic news channel
Dubai: Saudi Arabia`s Prince Alwaleed bin
Talal bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud will be launching a new 24-hour
international Arabic news channel next year.
The channel, to be managed by journalist Jamal Ahmad
Khashoggi, will target Arabic-speaking viewers across the Arab
world and beyond.
The `Alarab` channel will focus editorially on the
important shifts taking place across the Arab world with an
emphasis on freedom of speech and freedom of press, a
statement from his office said.
Furthermore, it will uphold the principle of free transfer
of information as well as, objective, balanced and credible
The news channel will cover the latest developments around
the world and will also highlight political, social and
economic issues in Saudi Arabia and the Arab world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!