Saudi varsity students develop drone
Dubai: A drone that can monitor rainfall and predict any resultant floods has been developed by students of a Saudi Arabian University.
Students of the University of Tabuk have named the drone Saham 2,an Arab News report said.
The aircraft was constructed of high-quality fiber and other materials, said Prof. Salahaddin Hafiz Omar of the supervisor and creativity unit of the varsity. According to him, the drone will also utilize various sensors already present on ground.
The drone can also be used to report the locations of stranded people, whom it can detect through a thermal camera installed in it along with a radar, Omar said.
But, Omar said that the university needs financial support to implement the installation of thermal cameras in the new aircraft, along with other innovations.
Drones or unmanned aerial vehicles, is a controversial subject in the region with its involvement in various anti-terror military strikes. However, Tabuk University officials have said that this drone will only be deployed for civil duties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents