Saudis say 8 suspected al Qaeda members surrender
Riyadh: Saudi Arabia says eight suspected al Qaeda members wanted by security authorities have turned themselves in and are being investigated.
Interior Ministry spokesman Maj Gen Mansour al-Turki said in a statement today that one of the suspects was among the kingdom`s 85 most-wanted fugitives.
He did not say when the eight turned themselves in but said they have been reunited with their families.
Al-Turki said the suspects` return to Saudi Arabia was arranged with authorities in the countries they had fled to, and that Interpol had been informed.
Many al Qaeda militants fled to neighbouring Yemen after a crackdown in the kingdom, then carried out cross-border attacks from a new base there to threaten the monarchy that rules Osama bin Laden`s homeland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test