School uniforms recalled in cancer scare in China`s Shanghai
Beijing: Students in 21 primary and middle schools in China`s eastern Shanghai were on Monday ordered to stop wearing their school uniforms after a cancer causing toxic dye was found in the products of a local garment firm.
The uniforms, produced by Ouxia Clothing Co Ltd in Pudong, were found to contain banned dyes which could cause cancer in a recent quality inspection campaign, the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision said.
A probe is underway and the uniforms have been seized.
Six batches of the company`s clothes products were substandard, the city`s quality watchdog said.
The company has been one of a number of producers of school uniforms in Shanghai for five years.
Education authorities in the Pudong New Area of Shanghai said in a statement they have asked 21 schools who had purchased uniforms from Ouxia to tell students to stop wearing the clothes, which require quality examinations, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price