School uniforms recalled in cancer scare in China`s Shanghai
Beijing: Students in 21 primary and middle schools in China`s eastern Shanghai were on Monday ordered to stop wearing their school uniforms after a cancer causing toxic dye was found in the products of a local garment firm.
The uniforms, produced by Ouxia Clothing Co Ltd in Pudong, were found to contain banned dyes which could cause cancer in a recent quality inspection campaign, the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision said.
A probe is underway and the uniforms have been seized.
Six batches of the company`s clothes products were substandard, the city`s quality watchdog said.
The company has been one of a number of producers of school uniforms in Shanghai for five years.
Education authorities in the Pudong New Area of Shanghai said in a statement they have asked 21 schools who had purchased uniforms from Ouxia to tell students to stop wearing the clothes, which require quality examinations, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015