School uniforms recalled in cancer scare in China`s Shanghai
Beijing: Students in 21 primary and middle schools in China`s eastern Shanghai were on Monday ordered to stop wearing their school uniforms after a cancer causing toxic dye was found in the products of a local garment firm.
The uniforms, produced by Ouxia Clothing Co Ltd in Pudong, were found to contain banned dyes which could cause cancer in a recent quality inspection campaign, the Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision said.
A probe is underway and the uniforms have been seized.
Six batches of the company`s clothes products were substandard, the city`s quality watchdog said.
The company has been one of a number of producers of school uniforms in Shanghai for five years.
Education authorities in the Pudong New Area of Shanghai said in a statement they have asked 21 schools who had purchased uniforms from Ouxia to tell students to stop wearing the clothes, which require quality examinations, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery