Scribes might have hacked Prince Harry, William mobiles: Cop
London: In a startling disclosure, a senior Metropolitan police officer has said that the phones of both Princes Harry and William might have been hacked by reporters.
Detective Chief Superintendent Philip Williams, when
asked by the Commons Committee whether he suspected that the
journalists had hacked into the princes` mobile phones, he
replied, "Yes, I think they may well have done," the Daily
The Guardian newspaper had earlier reported that police
had found evidence of News Group staff using private
investigators who had hacked into `thousands` of mobile
The scandal ended with the imprisonment of the News of
the World`s royal editor Clive Goodman in 2007 for plotting to
hack into the telephone messages of royal aides.
Private investigator Glen Mulcaire was also sent to
prison for his involvement.
In July, the police had announced it would not conduct
a new investigation into claims that thousands of public
figures had their phones hacked into by News of the World
Yates during yesterday`s hearing when asked if a fresh
investigations would be done in the case, replied in negative,
"We have always said if fresh evidence was presented we would
consider it, but no new evidence has come to light."
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India
- Must watch VIDEO: This is possibly the best ever catch of IPL
- BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur proposes 10 years of jail term for fixers in private bill
- After Uttarakhand, now Himachal faces the brunt of forest fires, 50 ha of woodland destroyed
- Good News: Flying from IGI Airport becomes cheaper from May 1