SEAL`s book contradicts official version of Osama death
Washington: A US Navy SEAL, who participated in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, has claimed that the terror chief was apparently shot in the head as he looked out of his bedroom door.
In his book, titled `No Easy Day`, Mark Bissonnette contradicts previous official versions saying bin Laden as being shot after ducking back into his room and possibly reaching for a weapon.
According to Express.co.uk, Bissonnette has written the book under the pseudonym Mark Owen, which is set to be published next week.
The account may again raise questions over whether the raid was intended to capture or simply kill bin Laden, though Bissonnette said the SEALs were told to capture him if he surrendered, the report added.
White House spokesman Tommy Vietor has, however, not commented on the conflicting accounts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000