Search finds bomb components in Northern Ireland prison
Belfast: Prison authorities say they found bomb-making equipment inside a high security prison in Northern Ireland.
The Northern Ireland Prison Service said yesterday the components were buried in a garden inside the perimeter fence of Maghaberry Prison, south of Belfast.
No explosives have been found, although last month traces of a component used in Semtex were uncovered in the jail.
Police, Army and prison officers have been conducting a major search of the prison since Thursday. More than 850 inmates have been confined to their cells during the first major sweep of the facility in a decade.
The prison`s inmates include members of IRA splinter groups opposed to the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?