Search finds bomb components in Northern Ireland prison
Belfast: Prison authorities say they found bomb-making equipment inside a high security prison in Northern Ireland.
The Northern Ireland Prison Service said yesterday the components were buried in a garden inside the perimeter fence of Maghaberry Prison, south of Belfast.
No explosives have been found, although last month traces of a component used in Semtex were uncovered in the jail.
Police, Army and prison officers have been conducting a major search of the prison since Thursday. More than 850 inmates have been confined to their cells during the first major sweep of the facility in a decade.
The prison`s inmates include members of IRA splinter groups opposed to the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Five held for 'slaughtering' three cows in Maharashtra
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny