Search finds bomb components in Northern Ireland prison
Belfast: Prison authorities say they found bomb-making equipment inside a high security prison in Northern Ireland.
The Northern Ireland Prison Service said yesterday the components were buried in a garden inside the perimeter fence of Maghaberry Prison, south of Belfast.
No explosives have been found, although last month traces of a component used in Semtex were uncovered in the jail.
Police, Army and prison officers have been conducting a major search of the prison since Thursday. More than 850 inmates have been confined to their cells during the first major sweep of the facility in a decade.
The prison`s inmates include members of IRA splinter groups opposed to the peace process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!