Seattle airport cleared of bomb scare
Washington: Seattle`s international airport resumed normal operations on Thursday after a bomb scare delayed flights and prompted evacuations.
"We`re all clear. All operations are back to normal," Seattle-Tacoma International Airport spokeswoman Terri-Ann Betancourt said after a bomb squad detonated a smoking bag and found it contained only electronics and battery chargers.
The early morning incident prompted the evacuation of several hundred people from an airport concourse, delaying flights for 45 minutes to an hour.
"It affected a very small portion of the airport. Ninety percent of the airport was unimpacted," Betancourt said.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said the "suspicious bag" was found smoking in a non-public luggage handling room and that the area was evacuated "out of an abundance of caution”.
Betancourt said police would conduct a complete investigation, but cautioned that certain types of batteries should not be left in checked baggage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read