Second Chinese flight returns after security scare
Beijing: In a second such incident within a week, a Chinese flight was diverted to an airport in central Wuhan city after receiving a threatening message during the flight, the carrier said.
Shenzhen Airlines Flight ZH9706, which took off from Xiangfan city in Hubei Province for Shenzhen yesterday night, landed safely at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport at 11:22 PM (local time), the carrier said in an announcement.
The announcement, however, did not elaborate what the message was, which was received at 10:29 pm (local time) when the aircraft was in the air.
No abnormalities were detected on the flight, which departed for New York hours later, the airline said, adding that police are probing the matter.
This is the second similar incident in China`s civil aviation industry in a week.
Earlier, an Air China flight from Beijing to New York returned to the Beijing Capital International Airport after receiving a threatening message on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam