Second Chinese flight returns after security scare
Beijing: In a second such incident within a week, a Chinese flight was diverted to an airport in central Wuhan city after receiving a threatening message during the flight, the carrier said.
Shenzhen Airlines Flight ZH9706, which took off from Xiangfan city in Hubei Province for Shenzhen yesterday night, landed safely at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport at 11:22 PM (local time), the carrier said in an announcement.
The announcement, however, did not elaborate what the message was, which was received at 10:29 pm (local time) when the aircraft was in the air.
No abnormalities were detected on the flight, which departed for New York hours later, the airline said, adding that police are probing the matter.
This is the second similar incident in China`s civil aviation industry in a week.
Earlier, an Air China flight from Beijing to New York returned to the Beijing Capital International Airport after receiving a threatening message on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi