Second Chinese flight returns after security scare
Beijing: In a second such incident within a week, a Chinese flight was diverted to an airport in central Wuhan city after receiving a threatening message during the flight, the carrier said.
Shenzhen Airlines Flight ZH9706, which took off from Xiangfan city in Hubei Province for Shenzhen yesterday night, landed safely at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport at 11:22 PM (local time), the carrier said in an announcement.
The announcement, however, did not elaborate what the message was, which was received at 10:29 pm (local time) when the aircraft was in the air.
No abnormalities were detected on the flight, which departed for New York hours later, the airline said, adding that police are probing the matter.
This is the second similar incident in China`s civil aviation industry in a week.
Earlier, an Air China flight from Beijing to New York returned to the Beijing Capital International Airport after receiving a threatening message on Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons