Second enrichment plant `not secret`: Iran nuke chief
Tehran: Iran`s second uranium enrichment
plant, whose existence was made public on Friday, was not a
secret, the chief of Iran`s nuclear agency said.
"This installation is not a secret one, which is why we
announced its existence to the IAEA," Ali Akbar Saleri told
"When I took over the job in July I committed myself to
accelerate cooperation (with the International Atomic Energy
Agency) and within the existing framework of regulations and
of our cooperation with the IAEA we announced the existence of
this installation to the agency."
Iranian officials claim Tehran is only obliged to inform
the IAEA of the existence of any new site 180 days before
putting radioactive materials into the new installation.
Prior to that, they insist, Iran does not need to say
anything about building new nuclear sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog