Second enrichment plant `not secret`: Iran nuke chief
Tehran: Iran`s second uranium enrichment
plant, whose existence was made public on Friday, was not a
secret, the chief of Iran`s nuclear agency said.
"This installation is not a secret one, which is why we
announced its existence to the IAEA," Ali Akbar Saleri told
"When I took over the job in July I committed myself to
accelerate cooperation (with the International Atomic Energy
Agency) and within the existing framework of regulations and
of our cooperation with the IAEA we announced the existence of
this installation to the agency."
Iranian officials claim Tehran is only obliged to inform
the IAEA of the existence of any new site 180 days before
putting radioactive materials into the new installation.
Prior to that, they insist, Iran does not need to say
anything about building new nuclear sites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened