Second GOPIO women conference to be held in Australia
Washington: The Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) will hold its 2nd Women`s Conference in Australia later this year, to address critical issues confronting women of all ages globally.
On the theme "Women of the Indian Diaspora - Challenges, Empowerment & Opportunities", the conference is being held as an integral part of GOPIO`s Biennial Convention preceding Regional Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2013 (PBD2013) in Sydney on November 9.
In a statement, GOPIO said the Women`s Conference seeks to address critical issues confronting women globally as evidenced by the recent revelations of abuses against women in many countries.
There are several sessions of the conference designed with specific sub-themes on these current issues, highlighting the history, aspirations, challenges and achievements.
These topics of discussion are within the context of the relations of women, including Indian women, in politics, government, private sector, NGOs and women empowerment; and the prominent roles of Indian women, it said.
A prominent, international advocacy organisation that monitors and addresses the issues and interests of persons of Indian Origin living outside of India, GOPIO International recognizes the tangible and meaningful contributions of the over 25 million PIOs all over the world in various countries, their sense of patriotism and national loyalty while making significant progress in all segments of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in