Second Israeli man sets himself ablaze in protest
Jerusalem: Israeli police say a second Israeli man has set himself on fire after falling on hard times.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said a man in his late 40s set himself ablaze today near a bus stop in central Israel. Onlookers tried to extinguish the flames. He was rushed to the hospital with severe burns.
The man`s brother told Israeli media he faced large debts and warned his family he would follow in the footsteps of Moshe Silman, who set himself on fire at a protest against Israel`s high cost of living last week. Silman later died of his wounds and was buried today.
Cases of self-immolation as a form of protest are extremely rare in Israel, but Rosenfeld said four Israelis have attempted or threatened it since Silman`s act.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?