Second Israeli man sets himself ablaze in protest
Jerusalem: Israeli police say a second Israeli man has set himself on fire after falling on hard times.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said a man in his late 40s set himself ablaze today near a bus stop in central Israel. Onlookers tried to extinguish the flames. He was rushed to the hospital with severe burns.
The man`s brother told Israeli media he faced large debts and warned his family he would follow in the footsteps of Moshe Silman, who set himself on fire at a protest against Israel`s high cost of living last week. Silman later died of his wounds and was buried today.
Cases of self-immolation as a form of protest are extremely rare in Israel, but Rosenfeld said four Israelis have attempted or threatened it since Silman`s act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study