Second Israeli man sets himself ablaze in protest
Jerusalem: Israeli police say a second Israeli man has set himself on fire after falling on hard times.
Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said a man in his late 40s set himself ablaze today near a bus stop in central Israel. Onlookers tried to extinguish the flames. He was rushed to the hospital with severe burns.
The man`s brother told Israeli media he faced large debts and warned his family he would follow in the footsteps of Moshe Silman, who set himself on fire at a protest against Israel`s high cost of living last week. Silman later died of his wounds and was buried today.
Cases of self-immolation as a form of protest are extremely rare in Israel, but Rosenfeld said four Israelis have attempted or threatened it since Silman`s act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH