Second photographer charged over topless pics of Kate
Nanterre: A photographer has been charged in a probe over topless photos of the wife of Britain`s Prince William that appeared in a magazine, prosecutors said on Friday, the second to face scrutiny in the case.
The shots of Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, sunbathing topless on the balcony of a private property in the south of France created a furore when they were published in the magazine Closer on September 14.
The photographer was charged with invasion of privacy on July 26 , prosecutors in Nanterre, a city near Paris, told a news agency.
A first photographer was hit with the same charges in June. Both work for an agency based in the Paris region.
The editor of the magazine, Laurence Pieau, was charged earlier this month for having published the surreptitiously-taken shots of Kate.
The publication of the pictures caused a huge outcry in Britain, still haunted by memories of Princess Diana`s death in a car that crashed as it was being chased by paparazzi.
The British royals hit back immediately, demanding that the paparazzi be identified and asking that further publication of the pictures be stopped.
A judge near Paris ruled on September 18 that the topless pictures must not be published again, or sold.
Outraged British tabloids also called for the paparazzi to be identified, with The Sun carrying the headline "Find the Rat".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections