Second Rio-Paris plane crash body retrieved
Paris: A second body was brought to the surface on Friday from the submerged wreckage of the Air France Rio-Paris flight that plunged into the sea off Brazil two years ago, the French Interior Ministry said.
The body was hauled up from a depth of 3,900m still strapped into an airline seat, like the first body recovered on Thursday.
“These operations were carried out with the most dignified care, in difficult conditions,” the ministry said in a statement.
Beginning around May 20, a reinforcement team from France will join the search party, based on a ship off northeast Brazil, to work on bringing up the remaining bodies and personal effects.
The French investigators recently recovered the two `black box` voice and data recorders from the Airbus 330-203 wreckage, providing hope of an explanation for the crash. The wreckage was located in April after nearly two years of searching the seabed.
The plane crashed into the sea after flying into storms following its take-off from Rio de Janeiro in June 2009. All 228 passengers and crew were lost, and the Brazilian Navy found dozens of bodies in the sea in the days after the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day