Second ship sabotaged: Gaza flotilla organisers
Jerusalem: Organisers of a flotilla of pro-Palestinian activists seeking to break the blockade of Gaza say Israel has sabotaged a second ship.
An activist tells Israel`s Army Radio that the engine of an Irish ship was damaged while in port.
Earlier this week, activists said Israel damaged the propeller of a Swedish ship in the Greek port of Piraeus.
Israel has not commented on the allegations.
About 10 ships are due to set sail this week from Greece. It is not clear whether the damage to the boats will hold things up.
Israel imposed a naval blockade after anti-Israel Hamas militants overran the Palestinian territory in 2007.
Last year, an Israeli raid on a similar flotilla killed nine activists on a Turkish vessel. Each side blamed the other for the violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter