Second tunnel from Gaza found, destroyed: Israel Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has found and destroyed a second tunnel dug from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip into Israel.
The military says it blew up the tunnel today. It says the tunnel was packed with explosives and stretched dozens of metres into Israel.
Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai warned that the surrounding area is dangerous and "threats are still imminent".
On Sunday, the military announced the discovery of a long, concrete-lined tunnel from Gaza into Israel and alleged militants planned to use it to attack or kidnap Israelis.
Gaza`s Hamas rulers and their allies have dug tunnels into Israel before. It was through one such tunnel in 2006 that militants sneaked into Israel, killed two soldiers and kidnapped a third, Gilad Schalit, who was held hostage for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM