Second tunnel from Gaza found, destroyed: Israel Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has found and destroyed a second tunnel dug from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip into Israel.
The military says it blew up the tunnel today. It says the tunnel was packed with explosives and stretched dozens of metres into Israel.
Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai warned that the surrounding area is dangerous and "threats are still imminent".
On Sunday, the military announced the discovery of a long, concrete-lined tunnel from Gaza into Israel and alleged militants planned to use it to attack or kidnap Israelis.
Gaza`s Hamas rulers and their allies have dug tunnels into Israel before. It was through one such tunnel in 2006 that militants sneaked into Israel, killed two soldiers and kidnapped a third, Gilad Schalit, who was held hostage for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere