Second tunnel from Gaza found, destroyed: Israel Army
Jerusalem: Israel`s military says it has found and destroyed a second tunnel dug from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip into Israel.
The military says it blew up the tunnel today. It says the tunnel was packed with explosives and stretched dozens of metres into Israel.
Brig Gen Yoav Mordechai warned that the surrounding area is dangerous and "threats are still imminent".
On Sunday, the military announced the discovery of a long, concrete-lined tunnel from Gaza into Israel and alleged militants planned to use it to attack or kidnap Israelis.
Gaza`s Hamas rulers and their allies have dug tunnels into Israel before. It was through one such tunnel in 2006 that militants sneaked into Israel, killed two soldiers and kidnapped a third, Gilad Schalit, who was held hostage for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof