Secret behind Hillary Clinton`s million-mile travels: Red hot peppers!
Washington: The secret behind former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton`s stamina for having a rigorous travel schedule during her time in her position has revealed to be hot peppers, according to a book on the former First Lady.
BBC journalist and author Kim Ghattas, who has compiled the book ``The Secretary: A Journey with Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power``, had followed Clinton for 300,000 of the reported million miles that Clinton had logged while traveling round the world, Politico reports.
Admitting her difficulty in keeping up with Clinton, Ghattas said that Clinton used to eat hot chillis making her sweat, which apparently, flushed out her system and added a good dose of adrenaline that kept her active constantly.
According to Ghattas, the former Secretary of State had an exhausting daily regime, adding that sometimes, Clinton`s team would be traveling four countries, in six different time zones and having only taco salads as sustenance.
Praising Clinton for her drive, Ghattas said that the real secret behind her strength was the desire to do her job well, adding that it is no secret that Clinton herself is responsible for the labour and hard work during her stint as the Secretary of State.
Stating that Clinton`s travel regime will come to represent a major part of her diplomatic legacy, Ghattas said that the impact of her travel was meant to reassert American leadership and to improve the perception of America around the world.
``The Secretary`` is the first major book on Clinton to emerge following her departure from the United States Department of State, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know