‘Secret Service to keep boys away from daughters`
Washington: US President Barack Obama, who is confident of his re-election for a four-year term in November next year, recently made a joke that he would use his Secret Service commandos to keep boys away from his two daughters.
"When I`m re-elected, what I will be getting them (his daughters Sasha and Malia) is a continuation of Secret Service so that, when boys want to start dating them, they are going to be surrounded by men with guns," Obama told CNN in response to a question.
"That`s their gift," he said, when asked, what would be his gift to his two daughters 13-year-old Malia and 10-year-old Sasha, if he wins the next election.
"The last time you were elected, you got Sasha and Malia a cute little puppy... What are you going to get them the next time, if you`re re-elected?" he was asked.
The President`s interview to the CNN came during his three-day bus tour to key swing states of Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois in rural America, a move seen as the launch of his 2012 election campaign against an emboldened Republican party, which has slammed his economic policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences