Secret video released of detained Chinese lawyer
Beijing: Secretly shot video of a Chinese activist lawyer who has been under strict house arrest since his release from prison last year has been leaked online. This is the first the public has heard from Chen Guangcheng since his release.
The US-based China Aid Association released the video on Thursday. They said it came from an "anonymous government friend inside China" who is upset about the way Chen and his family are being treated.
Chen is a blind, self-taught lawyer who was sent to prison in 2006 after documenting forced late-term abortions and sterilisations and other abuses in his rural community.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton mentioned Chen in a speech shortly before Chinese President Hu Jintao`s visit to Washington last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users