Secret video released of detained Chinese lawyer
Beijing: Secretly shot video of a Chinese activist lawyer who has been under strict house arrest since his release from prison last year has been leaked online. This is the first the public has heard from Chen Guangcheng since his release.
The US-based China Aid Association released the video on Thursday. They said it came from an "anonymous government friend inside China" who is upset about the way Chen and his family are being treated.
Chen is a blind, self-taught lawyer who was sent to prison in 2006 after documenting forced late-term abortions and sterilisations and other abuses in his rural community.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton mentioned Chen in a speech shortly before Chinese President Hu Jintao`s visit to Washington last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says