Secretary of State Kerry to visit Asia
Washington: Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Asia next week to discuss US-Japan security issues, trade and other issues important in the region.
State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said today that Kerry will be in Tokyo on October 2 and 3 with Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel for talks about strengthening the US-Japan alliance.
On October 4, Kerry will travel on to Bali, Indonesia, to lead the State Department`s delegation to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation ministerial meeting and join President Barack Obama for APEC-related meetings.
APEC is the premier forum for facilitating economic growth, cooperation, trade and investment in the Asia-Pacific region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding