Security men fire to block Yemeni marchers, 10 hurt
Sanaa: Yemeni security men opened fire on Monday to block thousands of protesters from marching into an industrial town to join a street rally seeking the ouster of President Ali Abdullah Saleh, wounding 10, witnesses said.
"There were thousands in a march who came from outside Taiz, but the police and army and gunmen in civilian clothes confronted them, opening fire with bullets and tear gas," one witness said. "Ten people were wounded. They opened fire heavily from every direction."
Witnesses said 10 people were shot and wounded while scores more were overcome by tear gas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly