Security tight on Belgian National Day
Brussels: Authorities say Belgium`s National Day celebrations on Tuesday will be under tighter security due to a death threat against a member of King Albert`s family.
Interior Ministry officials say there will be extra
checks and more police on guard around the royal palace during
the traditional military parade.
Officials are taking extra measures in the wake of a
failed attack on the Dutch royal family in April and a death
threat made against Belgium`s Queen Fabiola in May.
The 80-year-old queen is the widow of King Baudouin, who
died in 1993.
The king will lead the country to mark the 179th
anniversary of Belgium`s independence from the Netherlands.
A special church service at the national cathedral,
concerts and fireworks are also planned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH