See you soon in Sanaa, says Yemeni Prez Saleh
Yemen: President Ali Abdullah Saleh says he will return to Yemen soon and renewed his calls for early presidential elections.
Saleh spoke Tuesday from Saudi Arabia, where he has been recuperating from wounds he suffered in a June attack on his palace compound in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa.
The United States and Saleh`s Saudi hosts have pressured him to remain in Saudi Arabia, fearing his return to Yemen could spark a civil war.
But Saleh vowed Tuesday he would return home, telling his supporters via a televised address: "See you soon in Sanaa."
He also said he is willing transfer power to his vice president if the opposition pulls armed tribal fighters from the streets and opposition ends its street rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- GAAR not to apply on income from investments before April 1
- PHOTO: Virat Kohli in his all new avatar!
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs