See you soon in Sanaa, says Yemeni Prez Saleh
Yemen: President Ali Abdullah Saleh says he will return to Yemen soon and renewed his calls for early presidential elections.
Saleh spoke Tuesday from Saudi Arabia, where he has been recuperating from wounds he suffered in a June attack on his palace compound in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa.
The United States and Saleh`s Saudi hosts have pressured him to remain in Saudi Arabia, fearing his return to Yemen could spark a civil war.
But Saleh vowed Tuesday he would return home, telling his supporters via a televised address: "See you soon in Sanaa."
He also said he is willing transfer power to his vice president if the opposition pulls armed tribal fighters from the streets and opposition ends its street rallies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"